Friday, March 25, 2011

The 30 Day Photo Challenge

A photo album theme that has been circulating around my friends on facebook for a while now is the “30 Day Photo Challenge.” The basic premise is pretty self-explanatory: you post a picture every day for 30 days.

I really liked this idea, and the more I think about it the more apt I feel it is for what I want to do here, with this blog! So I am going to partake in the 30 day photo challenge not once, but twice this year.

For the first round, I’ll be posting pictures here from my life at college. The second round I will be posting (you guessed it!) from my life in Uganda.

There are some guidelines the facebook page outlines to what type of picture you put up on each day, but I am choosing not to follow these specifically and rather use them as inspirational points of reference. The idea is less to tell you about all my likes and loves and such but more to compare “the little things.” It should be fun and enlightening for all of us!

Without any further ado, I present:
Day One: A  picture of yourself with 10 things about yourself




1.     Most people call me Lizzie, but I have a whole slew of other nicknames (the benefits of being named Elizabeth). Some of my favorites include: Liza, Lizzie-Beth, McMizzie, Harry Potter, Lizzie-lou, Luna, Red, and Lovegood.
2.     My glasses are actually prescription. No, really, they are.
3.     I can wiggle my nose.
4.     If I could be anyone in history I’d want to be Anne Bonny, the more fearsome and famous female pirate in the seven seas. (I made a vlog about her here, if you’d like a look).
5.     Don’t ask me about my favorite movie, because you’ll be stuck there for at least ten minutes. (But, to give you a few: Up, V for Vendetta, Sound of Music, Sense & Sensibility, Little Miss Sunshine, The Princess Bride…)
6.     I collect quotes.
7.     I cannot STAND tomato sauce or ketchup. Even the smell makes me want to puke!
8.     When I was little I wanted to be a dolphin trainer who worked as an actress and inventor in Sea World. (My, how the times have changed).
9.     If I could have any superpower, I’d want to be able to apparate/teleport. No air fees and all the world to see!
10.  I will never and have never worn diamonds, because diamond trade, mining, and sales (what I refer to as “The Diamond Machine”) is one of the most corrupt institutions in the world. 

current jam: "blow" ke$ha 
best thing in my life: my radio show! and this week being over!
days until departure: 72

--

2 comments:

  1. props for the diamond thing. same here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing the same thing but on facebook! The album has been private for a while but I just added you on it, if you wanna seeeee

    ReplyDelete